This Christmas I’m working… 10 Appliances Online and Big Brown Box employees, along with their partners or friends, are spending Christmas Day manning the customer support centre. We also have some suppliers dropping in for the occasion.
Part of our commitment to customer service is that we are available 365 days a year, so we’re open from 7am to 11pm even on Christmas Day… There’s no rest for the wicked.
Sam, who’s in charge of all things fun in the office has put together a cooking roster and I’m looking forward to cooking a ‘mini turkey’* in our state-of-the-art kitchen in the office. We might even get our office keg working for the occasion.
It’s been a huge year for Appliances Online – and here are some of the highlights:
- Growing our staff from 20 to almost 100 employees at Appliances Online,
- Winning the ORIA award for Best Customer service and Best Site Design,
- Re-launching Big Brown Box as an online destination for people in the market for TVs and AV equipment,
- Becoming CEO of Winning Appliances and being the 4th generation Winning to be in charge of the family business,
- Opening a warehouse in Perth to better service our friends in the West,
- Jumping on the Team Korea boat which was sailing in the America’s Cup World Series in San Diego with my good friend Troy Tindill.
Merry Christmas everyone, look forward to catching up in the New Year.
* The mini turkey is actually a chicken. I don’t know how to cook turkey and am not willing to try my luck when cooking for 10.